Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

 This has been a whacky October.

Maybe because of Halloween falling on a Monday, things seem kind of discombobulated.

The Babies and Books I do at a local library falls on a Wednesday.  This year, we gave folks lots of heads-up that they could bring their little darlings in costume to the "last session before Halloween". (that would be last Wednesday).  A few folks did a spectacular job, but there were a large majority of kids without costumes.  More than usual.  Oh well.  I rocked the concert wearing a fuzzy pink bathrobe and my hair up in a towel. (Note to costumers out there:  If you want to copy the costume, it really, REALLY doesn't work well with dry hair in a dry towel.  I was fixing my 'do after every song.  But it's the thought that counts.

At the schools, some places did Halloween on Friday, some are doing their costume events and parades today.  Nate's school voted for Friday, although everyone I talked to had voted for Monday, so I don't know whose vote was the one that really counted.  (And there's this MASSIVE piece of school gossip that is just burning a hole in my pocket, and may involve lawyers and a restraining order, and I am right smack dab in the middle of it, and all I want to do is pull out my camera and document the crazy.  But I'm staying mum for a bit longer, just in case.  so this is just a little juicy aside).  Anyways.  I have photos from Nate's event.  It was  great. Skip let Nate 'recycle' his creeper costume from last year.  I tihnk being shorter, Nate was a little bit more stable.  But just a bit.



Saturday, Kelly and her friends did that hot glass class.  It was immensely satisfying (if a bit pricey, once a fifth girl got rolled into the bunch.  Ouch).

Yesterday we went to a pumpkin carving party at the neighbor's place.  It was a hoot. Nate made a creeper pumpkin (of course, he is all things Minecraft these days).  Kelly made Hello Kitty.  I managed to take a big chunk out of my left index finger while carving my masterpiece.  But I think it will be worth the infection and antibiotics...

But I wanted to touch on today.

It being Halloween.

Or, as I like to say... "Remember, remember... Tomorrow's November"

No comments: