Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Bohemian Scarves




So here's my latest obsession. I scored some great 'Bohemia' yarn when we were up in Canada in August, and I've been a knitting fool with these loopy scarves ever since. This is my first foray into dropped stitches. The three stitches on either end of the rows are not cast off at the end of the knitting, and then, once you drop the needles, the fun is to make those stitches run like a bad pair of stockings. I wish the picture showed the plush loveliness better. I also wish I had even HALF a clue about how to turn the photo so it was portrait rather than landscape. Alas.

The boutique is coming up in a little over a month. I don't have nearly the stock of scarves that I had last year, although I've branched out, and have some fleece ponchos for kids, and a handful of silk and cashmere baby booties that I'm hoping will go like hotcakes.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Yay! Knitting entry!
I made some booties with that pattern of yours - and the first recipient was born on Sunday. I'm awaiting photos of her modeling them, and then (with parental permission of course) will definitely post pics. :)

Thanks for the heads-up about my pictures. They should be working now.

I haven't figured out how to add a pic to my bio either. I'm finding this whole interface a little frustrating, to be honest - particularly adding pictures! I'm contemplating springing for Typepad, actually...it looks awfully spiffy!!

And about socks....The Knitting Experience - Book 2: The Purl Stitch, by Sally Melville, has awesome heel-turning instructions. She taught me, and every time I make a pair of socks I briefly consider using another pattern...before digging out that book and making another pair of Sally socks. :o)

Let me know if you can't find it at the library and I'll type out the instructions for you - I owe ya one!

sparkli said...

hey kem! :D the pinky scarf was 2 skeins.... and it's so stretchy so it could go even longer as it is.

and the profile pic: you go to your "dashboard" (you know how to get there right? if not, i can expand on it.) then about halfway down it says "Photograph" you have to have your pic uploaded to some other site and just put the link there, like you do otherplace.

but it can only be so big, and it will tell you how big, i cant remember off hand, i just pulled my pic into photoshop and dropped the pixels. you should be able to do that with any ol' photo editing program, if you dont have something let me know and i can do it for ya! :D

was that all the questions? i think so. yay for visiting my blog! :D

sparkli said...

oh crap, i forgot the part that after you go to your dashboard, you click "edit profile" on the left! LOL

sparkli said...

oh yeah i had that same problem... do you have a photobucket acct? that's where mine is and they have short urls

Nikki said...

RYN: Nope, no i-cord snakes. They creep me out. ;o)