Thursday, April 10, 2008

Disneyland!

Greetings from the Happiest Place on Earth.

Of course, I had to get there on the Noisiest Bus on Earth.

Ouch.

And we've had great luck in the hotel. One of the rooms that I'm responsible for had a door lock that was broken, so instead of going to the Chaperone Meeting, I was chaperoning the hunky (according to my 14-year-old charges) hotel engineer (who is probably also young enough to be my kid, too. Ouch!) while he replaced the entire door mechanism on their room under the watchful eyes of four highly-interested 14 year old girls.

And I just got a call from the other room that I'm responsible for... while they were getting ready for bed, the faucet in the bathroom broke. Fortunately, they were all listening to me when I said "Under no circumstances apart from a general fire alarm, are you to open your door once I leave your room tonight. I will be taping you in, and there are serious consequences for anyone who has an untaped door in the morning. So they phoned me to come and get them. I was expecting to see Niagara Falls when I went into their bathroom, but it was something that I could jerry-rig, and I'll call maintenance in the morning.

Now I will fall into bed, so I can get up and make sure my girls are up at 6 to start their day tomorrow.

At Disneyland! The happiest place on earth. Chaperoned by the tiredest woman on earth.

Wheee! Never a dull moment.

No comments: