Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Greetings *again* from Mount Vernon

You know, you've gotta love a restaurant that offers free WiFi.

Even if it means that I had to back-track on the freeway to get to the exit, to get back to my Round Table.

Now if only I really liked their food, I'd be set.

We are, as you may have gathered, back in the States.

Skip has his shiny new passport in his hands (actually, it's in a secure zippered part of my purse). It has TODAY's date on it. Yes, it is Hot Off The Presses. In fact, when I went to the passport office this morning at 0830, I had to wait a few minutes for it to finish 'cooking', and when they brought it to me, it was still a bit warm. Woot. The laminating was still a bit tacky. Just perfect timing.

And they were all rather appreciative of the Ghirardelli Chocolate (straight from San Francisco!) bars that I offered as a "thankyou" to Joe and Danielle, and the chick-that-could've-been-a-movie-star with the cool glasses. She was the one I dealt with today. I think she was Danielle's supervisor. I still haven't met Joe. I think he may just be a computer generated voice. Everyone knows him, and talks to him, but nobody's seen him.


I may or may not have purchased yarn while in Victoria.

As a corollary to the above statement, I may or may not have also purchased an additional suitcase at Zellers, so that I could get the maybe-yarn home.



Now I am faced with a dilemma. I *could* pull over soon, and spend the rest of the afternoon and evening with PhotoMommy. Our flight doesn't leave until tomorrow afternoon.

OR

Or I could go straight to the airport, and see if they can't get me on a flight tonight. That would give me another day at home to do stuff like pay the bills, and put a hold on the mail, and arrange for someone to take out our trash, and clean Midnight's cage and take him to Kelly's friend's house, and do laundry (anyone want to place bets on whether the load of laundry that I started on Saturday morning before I left for the airport ever got put in the dryer?), and figure out who gets which suitcase, and which carry-ons are going to be used, and how we're getting all the homework put together for Skip and Kelly, and, and, and, and...

ACK! Too much stuff to do!

On the other hand, having a "mental health' evening, with hours spent laughing at PhotoMommy's endless stream of jokes might be just what the doctor ordered...

Film at eleven.

No comments: