Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Because Disneyland came and went

 So did I mention that I chaperoned a band-and-chorus trip to Disneyland in April?
Maybe it was exhaustion from that that has kept me from writing with any regularity since then...
Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
So, the rule in our house (because I am a lazy bum, and cheap, and Ken REALLY doesn't like crowds) is that you ONLY get to go to Disneyland if you do music in school, and THEN, you only go to Disneyland on the Middle School Band Trip, which happens every other year.

Four years ago, I took Skip.

And from the day that he returned from that trip, Kelly has been counting the days until she would have her turn.
She was so excited that she painted her nails in anticipation of the trip.


Things got kind of dicey in the months leading up to the trip, when a bunch of girls told each other stuff 'in confidence' and then forwarded the email-train to all their friends, which then got in the hands of friends' mothers, which then got into my hands, when the moms realized the girls were talking smack about Kelly.

Um yeah.  So not cool.

But they worked through it, and by the time we left town, all was forgiven (though not forgotten.  Momma's got a memory like an elephant)

Highlights;

We stopped at an armpit of a rest-area along the 5, and one of *my* girls (each chaperone was responsible for 8 students) dropped her iPhone in the toilet of the restaurant we were eating at.

Joy.

Of course, there was no dry rice to be found at any of the corner stores, and it was only after we were back on the freeway that I realized that the Mexican restaurant might have sold us dry rice, because they probably cook 100 pounds of it a day.

Anyways.

Fun times, but exhausting.  I hope I'm not too old in 4 years when it's Nate's turn to go to Disney.
Rides were fun!



The souvenir of choice for all the kids seemed to be Perry.


Kelly was pretty excited to play at Disney


I loved these little guys:


Mediaeval Times was a hoot!  Even if our yellow knight didn't win.




Eek.  First day of school today.  Forgot that I have to get Skip.

And on that note.  A moment of silence.
Today was his LAST "first day of school"

The days, they just fly past.

No comments: