Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A DNA Morning

A DNA Morning 4/4/2006
What a morning!

First, it was pissing like a race horse outside when we got up. The susurrus is a sure-fire way to keep the kids in a 'shouldn't I still be sleeping?' fog, so I ended up putting on my Drill Sergeant hat, and charging around after them, clapping my hands together at their backsides, just to get them out the door in time.

And... out onto the roads with every last person who's Not Quite Sure.

Just get out of my way. Thanks.

I was a woman with a mission, didn't they know that?

After dropping Skip and Kelly off at school, I high-tailed it over to Kelly's Old School, to drop Nate off with the mother of Kelly's old Kindergarten Flame. He's got a little brother that's Nate's age, and the two lads were spending the morning together.

Woot! A free morning for me.

I needed it, you see... I had a date.

A date with an older man.

A much older man.



Yes! James Watson (co-Nobel Laureate with Francis Crick) was speaking at New Hip Company this morning, and I had a front row seat.

Man alive, for being nearly 80, the guy could talk. And he was funny in that elderly self-deprecating way, too. I ate it up.

And then he signed his book for me.



I guess that means I'll have to read it.

Makes me want to get back into brain-work, though. Reading, and stuff. Enough with these women's magazines and fluffy crafty books. It's time for the textbooks to start seeing the light of day again.

Or maybe not.

No comments: