Friday, July 09, 2010

Horse Camp Catch Up

Today marks the end of Kelly's SECOND week of Horse Camp this summer.

Yikes. I have saddle sores just thinking about it.

But I realized that I haven't really said much about it except for the "When I went to pick them up last Thursday, I was in a car accident" post, which was pretty terse.

Are there photos?

Um, duh.

First, I would like to introduce you to the new dog on the ranch.

Hello, Lupita, or as we like to call you, in that same faux-Mexican accent: "Poop Eater"

So this is where the origin of the "Shit-Eating Grin" comes from...? Who knew!

Of course, we all know that Kelly just doesn't have ANY FUN AT ALL when she goes to Horse Camp.

Here, you might see her wailing "Mom! Why do you MAKE me come here every year?" Yeah. It's a hard knocks life.

This is Smoke. Kelly's horse for the week. Smoke is new to the ranch, and this is his first time as a camp horse. Getting a 'new' horse is a bit of a claim to fame. Kelly lapped it up.

It was a big group of girls last week. I think Kelly and her friend are advertising too hard. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the popularity, and subsequent logistics of getting more than 4 or 5 girls out to camp on a regular basis. I think next year I will have a chart with sign-ups.

Yeah... because I'm so organized. You can see this happening, can't you?

What? You can't? Well, me either.

Anyways, they all had a great time, getting out for their first ride of the week.


It was a glorious first day.

What's not to love about stepping out of the fog bank into sunshine on the beach?

No comments: