Friday, July 02, 2010

Air Bags

So.

I discovered yesterday that airbags really stink when they explode.

I also discovered that, for the first time in I don't know HOW long, I took my camera out without a memory card in it.

So there are no photos of the accident.

It's probably a good thing.

I am fine. Really stiff between the shoulders and in the neck, but not whiplash-sore, or anything. I should be able to shake it off in a few days. What won't shake off is the memory of one of the other drivers coming running over to my car, and, while I was still trying to extricate myself from the airbag, yelling into my window that he hadn't even had his car for two days, and was I proud of myself.

Yeah, that really made me feel all better, sir. Thanks for that.

It's doubtful if Homer is going to come out of this one in one piece. And it's pretty much certain that he won't be ready when we have to drive up to Canada on the 15th.

But enough of the boo-hoo.

Look! Kelly has been at Horse Camp!

Which is where I was going when I rear-ended a nice young girl in an Audi, who then plowed into the back of a brand new Honda CRV. I could see the camp from the accident.

It was a rotten thing. As one of my friends said "Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" But the good things were that the police were VERY nice (even when he had to write me a ticket because I couldn't find my proof of insurance in my frantic dithering - I'd taken it out to photocopy it for the field trip on the last day of school, and couldn't find where I'd put it back. Because putting it back where it belonged must have not crossed my mind. Dur!). The tow truck driver was VERY nice. The owner of a body shop near my house happened to be at the tow yard where my van was taken, and talked me through everything I would need to do with my insurance, and explained things that I didn't even know that I needed to know. I got RIGHT THROUGH to an agent when I called the insurance 1-800 number, and HE was really nice, and helpful. And the rental car company called me this morning to tell me that everything was in place for my rental, and there would be no out-of-pocket expenses.

Now, I just hope there are nice people at the court house when I have to go and clear my name on my fix-it ticket. I was happy not to be arrested. I didn't know what might be up when I couldn't find that little piece of paper (under my seat! How is that a 'Very Safe Place'? What was it doing there? And why didn't it show itself when I needed it?)

Anyways. More horse camp photos coming soon. There is a small chance (fingers crossed, and hope I don't jinx it) that my photos will be used in the new advertising brochures for the camp. Wouldn't that be the coolest thing ever?

No comments: