Wednesday, July 07, 2010

A little catch-up

A few things I want to remember.

While Kelly was in Canada, I put Skip to work for a bit.

He thought his job was going to be stirring the paint. And then I said "oh, that's just the beginning" and opened the garage.

"WHAT? I have to paint that whole thing????"

It was probably the hottest day of the year thus far, but he was pretty much done by lunch.

(this reminds me. I never did get him to put on the second coat)


We were taking care of two leopard geckos and a corn snake.

One of the geckos was a chronic shedder. I didn't know that when we got him. Imagine my surprise when I got up one morning to see this:

(*sings* "One of these things is not like the other...")

I had to look online to see what I needed to do, and we ended up with this sort of situation.

Nate very carefully dabbed at the skin that would not come off, using q-tips and a warm water bath.

The little guy seemed to enjoy his Spa Treatment.

The skin on his legs, which had been hanging on him like crusty, old, wrinkled woolen work-socks, slipped off like silken opera gloves. Fascinating, yet creepy.

[image not available]




Oh yeah.

And Skip got in a knife fight.


...with our youth pastor.



Good thing it was plastic knives.

Starbuck demonstrates his Secret Ninja Knife Throwing technique...

Who knew that chins could bleed so profusely?

No comments: