Saturday, June 14, 2008

I kipped. Did you?

Today is WWKIP day.

Did you celebrate? Did you KIP?

What? You didn't? Shame!

Wanna see what I kipped?

Tough. I'm showing it, anyways.

Let's move in for a closer look.


Hmmm. Maybe that was a bit too close.

Oh, what's WWKIP day?

World Wide Knit In Public Day, of course.

I would've taken photos of the sticky Dairy Queen table that I was actually knitting at, but I think you get the idea.

It was a fluke that I actually knit on WWKIP day, though. I just naturally had my knitting on me, and I had a bit of down time while Kelly and her girlfriend were waiting for their lunch.

It was only when I got home that I realized the day. Whoopsie.



Good thing I had my knitting to distract me.

I nearly left Petco with the cutest little tan hamster.

As Kelly would say, "She was just SooOOOOOooooo cuuuUUUUuuuuute."

But I held my ground. This is not a good time to get a new hammie for Kelly. She leaves for camp tomorrow. And then she's got another week of day camp. And *then* we're going up to Canada, so she wouldn't be able to socialize it as much as she has done with Midnight, who is truly the world's cutest and cuddliest hamster.




Busy life in the Kung Fu department this week.

Goodbye, Green Tiger.

Hello, Red Tiger.


And, not to be outdone, on the same day, Goodbye Orange Belt, Hello Jade Belt Girlie.


My guess is that Skip will be moving from jade belt to green belt some time this summer. And that means that we go from two classes, three times a week, to three DIFFERENT classes, three times a week. And of course, the three class levels don't always happen sequentially. I foresee a LOT more knitting-in-public time.



Some of you (ok, ONE of you) asked for a photo of Nate's artwork in his books.

Here's a shot.



And I asked. He is not holding guns to the penguins. Those are air fresheners. Gun-shaped air fresheners.


Another one of my faves is having some cicada issues right now.

I guess it would be mean of me to show y'all my favourite souvenir from France.

Look. I asked for these all by myself, and IN FRENCH.



bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz



When Skip wasn't looking, his bike was stolen right out from under him.


Oh Natey... you sly fox.

Good thing Skip is industrious, and soon will have earned enough to buy a nice new bike. One that's more his size.

Work, Skippy, Work.



No comments: