Saturday, November 20, 2010

Knitty Titty

I just got an email from my mommy.

She's doing great, and her mastectomy site has healed enough so she can have a deep tub bath, which is something she'd been missing out on since she had her first partial mastectomy at the end of September. She's got such a great attitude, talking about the 'learning curve' for wearing clothes now, and what types of camisoles she can wear and can't wear, and how she's now thinking about a prosthesis (where she wasn't before) just because of the convenience aspect of dressing and wearing normal clothes. She said that she now sees the benefit of having *something* in that one side of her bra, and has found that a pair of ankle socks often fits the bill, but is a bit lumpy.

So she's now talking about how long it might take me to make one of 'those knitty titties that you talked about a while ago".

Hmm. I sure hope I archived that pattern way back when I made that first one for Jackie's friend.

Now, if you'll excuse me, the horrrible storm of the night has given way to brilliant sunshine, and I'm thinking of taking a quick trip over to the coast to see if the trails are passable enough for a horse ride.

And while I'm out there, I may look at picking up some baby-soft alpaca to make my mother a boob.

Wow, I never thought I'd be typing THAT sentence.

No comments: