Monday, January 16, 2006

Snot

Snot 1/16/2006
My goodness.

I slept much of yesterday. Woke up in a fog, with a cheekbone that felt like it was on fire. Dragged downstairs to watch/photograph Skip open his birthday swag. Sent Ken off to church early to band practice, then got the kids ready to go.

And then I did something I've never done. I took the kids to church and dropped them off at the door.

Yeah. I wasn't going to spread the bugs that were swirling around my head. I don't want ANYONE to have this joy.

Limped home, and tidied up in a bit of a fog. When I was dropping off the kids, Ken caught up with me, and asked if having a Games Night (because it was Skip's birthday, AND not a school night, what with MLK day being today). Egads! I don't mind having folks over, but the house was a sick-room sty, in desperate need of an intervention. So I moved stuff around a bit. All the while draining out my right nostril.

Yeah. You wanted to know that.

When Ken came home with the kids, I'd just taken some Comtrex, and said "How about if I just lie down for a half hour to get these meds to kick in, and then we can have lunch..."

Four Hours Later.

I vaguely remember the doorbell ringing.

Lovely friends, knowing I was sick, showed up with bags of ready-to-eat supper stuff. Ken didn't have the heart to tell them that we were taking Skip out to his favourite restaurant that night, so he just accepted with grace, and they went on their way. They're smart enough folks to not want to step foot inside a sick house.

(I'm eating the vittles for lunch right now. Very yummy)

So then, time marches on, and TWO more hours pass, with me dozing fitfully.

Off to Narita, Skip's favourite sushi place for his birthday supper. Honestly, I thought I was going to have to turn right around and head home, my sinuses were giving me such grief. I'm such a pansy. But then the second dose of Comtrex kicked in, and I was able to contribute to a (hopefully) fun Eleventh Birthday Supper.

And if I thought I'd have problems falling asleep after all that day-sleeping? Nope.

in fact, when Nate woke up at 6:45 this morning, I really thought the world was ending. Didn't I *JUST* go to sleep?

Never mind the fact that when I lifted my hand to my face, it was met with a seething green amorphous blob of yellow-green that was escaping from my right nostril. Oh yeah. I should've taken a picture.

At least I don't feel like my cheekbone is about to explode any more.

No comments: