Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Birthday Surprises

It has been a lovely birthday, today. Even if it was a bit more running-around than I'd have liked.

The kids made me birthday cards, no doubt at the prompting of Ken.

Kelly's was lovely and girly and poetic, and all those things (of course).

Skip and Nate had some fun in a minimalist sort of way...

The front:


What? Is this a card? It's so white. And blank...

Whatever could that mean?


I guess I'll have to look inside.




Completely cracked me up. I'll be looking at this for many years to come.

For lunch, they took me out to their favourite restaurant.



Nice and healthy...


Yum...

Skip got his weekly dose of protein...


But no time to linger over bottomless refills of the soft drinks. It was time to go to the dentist.


I should've taken photos of Skip in the dentist's chair. He had a mould made of his top teeth so he can get a mouth guard for kung fu. The standard mouth guards are too big for our itty bitty jaws, and Skip and I both gag using them. And the dentist can make one out of any color (and of course, Skip is choosing orange). Anyways, the trays of goo that he had to have sitting on his teeth for the three minutes, or however long it took? Made me gag just watching. But it would've made a great photo.


From the dentist, straight to ballroom dance for Kelly.


Rats, that photo is a little grainier than I'd hoped. But that's without a flash. And from pretty far away.

Then we came home, and I made a technical error with the roast, and put it in too late, and it wasn't done before I had to leave for the Women's Bible Study at our church. Oh well. I'd put butter tarts in the oven while the roast was cooking, so I had two of these hot little creatures while I was driving to church.



Hmmm. That first row of tarts is out of focus...

I'm still learning how to use my birthday present...




The photos will get better. Just give me a bit of time...


No comments: