Thursday, August 26, 2010

Last Fling

Yesterday was the first day of school.

The day before was Freshman Orientation for our middle school. But it was in the afternoon. It was going to be a hot day. I thought about what I might like to do as a Last Fling of Summer.

So I had Kelly's BFF come for a sleepover, and at the crack of dawn, I took them over to the coast.

There's an "Early Bird Special" at one of the ranches, and it gives you a 2 hour beach ride for the cost of the measly one hour trail ride. But you have to be there when the ranch opens.

We were there when the ranch opened. And Kelly and her BFF were surprised and delighted.

Nate, not so much. But I took him to play on the beach, and we had a special Starbucks breakfast, just him and me, so it was all OK in the end.

I'm supposed to be doing a dozen other things, but I just got to editing this photo, and wanted to pop it up for view.

This is Kelly's "Farewell to Summer"

No comments: