Friday, August 27, 2010

Travelogue part 5. Boys in Trees

Thank you all for your kind words. Life goes on, and my mom has a really upbeat, positive attitude about this, and her doctors are very confident that this was found early, and is treatable.

My potential for basic memory-loss, however, is still great, and I don't know if there's a treatment for 'never getting around to writing about what you meant to write about two months ago', so I'd better buckle down with the Travelogue.

Tuesday morning we got up early. The concert the previous night had been rather soporific, so we were all working with plenty of sleep. Kelly had done this fantastic high ropes course when she had visited Grandma in June, and she'd gabbed about it so much, that the boys were raring to go.

In order to do the "big" course, you had to be able to ready 180 cm. I think the big boys have that under control.

No, Skip is NOT that tall. I think he's standing in front, and maybe, just maybe, he's up on his tippy-toes. But I'm betting that he'll be that tall before I know it. It's only a matter of (very short) time.

Nate was not so lucky. He didn't quite make the reach, so he had to go on the "Junior Course", which is the one that Kelly went on back in June. It wasn't so bad.

But first everyone has to go through the 'training camp'.

Nate is a natural.


And then it was on to the main course.

Nate did the Kid Course by himself. Grandma and Dad took turns watching him.

And Skip and Cole went to the adult course.

I spent my time looking up and trying not to throw up at the thought of how high they were in the trees.

But in the end, they totally got their money's worth, finally making it back to earth, completely exhausted, and giddy. It was a great way to spend a morning.

No comments: