Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Coming at you from Kung Fu

I don't know why I never thought to bring the laptop with me when I was going back and forth interminably to Kung Fu lessons these last 4 years. Jeepers. Slow learner, I guess.

So Nate's class is nearly done, and I've spent the time editing photos from this afternoon. Kelly went out to the ranch again, and tried to work with Eddie. It was a literal goat rodeo at first (ok, it was a horse rodeo, but Kelly's skill level is more akin to that of a goat), with us out in the pasture, up to our ankles in stinky mud, trying to get a halter on Eddie, who is a champion halter-loser, apparently. Finally, Jorge had to come and rescue us, and I felt bad because he was actually wearing nice shoes, and not his usual ranch boots. There are (sadly) no photos of that fiasco, which is probably a good thing. If I'd had my camera (I ended up having to go out into the pasture with kelly, as she attempted the snaring of Eddie), I probably would have suffered one or more of the following:

  • Falling in the mud
  • sliding in the mud (involving dropping the camera)
  • being attacked by a horse and dropping the camera
  • being trampled by hungry horses and dropping the camera
  • Come to think of it, several of those things did happen, but at least I wasn't having to worry about ruining my camera in the fray.

    Turns out the horses like whatever it is that I use on my hair. I had several of them muscling each other out of the way so they could get in really, REALLY close and whisper sweet nothings in my ear. Alas, even though Eddie loves my shampoo as much as the next gelding, he noticed that i had a rope-halter in my hand, and he was on High Alert. Even the bribery of sugar cubes couldn't drop his guard.

    Oh well.

    Anyways. Kung Fu is almost over, and i just wanted to record that yesterday's dailyshoot.com assignment was to make a 'triangular composition'. I didn't take the camera out yesterday, so I cheated a bit, and used the last photo that I took the day before, of Nate and Kelly with the sparkler. It's triangular if your eye tracks from their eyes to the sparkler. Subtle. Yeah, that's what I was going for...

    Today's assignment is to use a path or road to lead the eye into the photograph. I'm not sure how good the pirated net connection is that I'm currently using, so I haven't uploaded any of today's photos to my picasa stream yet. That'll wait until after supper.

    Also? Funny photos of Kelly, as she decides that she is angry with Eddie for being, and I quote "such a butt". The faces that I see in these photos are very reminiscent of her stubborn streak that I photographed the year she was two. And the year she was three. And maybe the next year, too.

    Oh, the class just got ordered. it's time for everyone to switch, and it's time for me to go home and make supper.

    Toodle-oo.

    No comments: