Monday, February 13, 2006

Blankie's Crush

Blankie's Crush 2/13/2006
Blankie and I watched more Olympics last night.

Now that Blankie's getting a bit older, I see a bit of the adolescent in it. A little post-childlike stirring when public figures come on the TV. I was worried that Blankie might make some poor choices. Like falling for the long-haired bad-boys of snowboarding.

They'll only break your heart, sweetie.

But much as Blankie may have admired the boarding prowess of The Tomato, I didn't sense that this was The One.

Maybe Blankie was more interested in the mature players. Most of those luge men seemed to be peaking in their game in their later years. But Blankie didn't seem at all interested in lycra clad men flying down ice tunnels on their butts.

(I don't really blame Blankie on this one, either)

What about the short-track skating groupies? Would Blankie become one of those?

Nope. Look at Blankie turn down its nose at that boring round-and-round business.
Good Blankie!

After we'd had company over for supper, we turned on the TV. We missed a bit of the early bits, and so, when we turned on the TV, we were just in time to see Bodie crashing down the slope. Was this file footage? Blankie and I had our hearts in our throats. Blankie was so nervous I thought it was going to throw off my knitting tension, and I might have to rip out a few rows...


But it looks like it was just file footage WHEW!), and Blankie and I breathed a little easier while we watched more than adequate footage of him.

Close up! Blankie swoons.

Look at Blankie! Just dreaming about that hunk of burning ski-hood emerging from the snowy fog towards the warmth of the cashmere embrace.
(cough*badboy*cough)

Blankie and I both shed a tear while we watched Jennifer Heill take the gold, and sing along with the Canadian National Anthem.


But what REALLY captured Blankie?

Well, it would appear that Blankie is more Canadian than I thought.



OOH! CURLING!!!!!

(eek! Is it REALLY that time? I've gotta get the kids to bed, and I'm still in my jammies. And so is Nate!)

1 comment:

sparkli said...

i like the blankie!!


if you are wondering why your page starts so far down, it's because some where on the page, a picture is sized too big, and if you size it down, then it will pull everything back up to the top.

and if you weren't wondering... well this was just a public service announcement brought to you by the concerned blog readers of america.