Thursday, February 21, 2008

I used to think I could knit...

And then I saw this....



Egads!  I just hope some of this knitting was done on a machine, because honestly?  That's a TONNE of knitting.  Actually, because I think it was done in Montreal, that would make it a Metric Tonne of knitting.

Kelly has a sleep-over friend here, so we are off to the Exploratorium.  Skip was going to stay home and "babysit" Nate while I took the girls (read:  He was going to set up StarCraft on the computers, and just play all day) until I told him that I would be making the boys a chore list for while I was gone  (Nate heard "chore list" and suddenly didn't want to stay home any more) that would include "folding all the laundry" and "vacuuming", and suddenly, all the kids want to go to the Exploratorium.

In the rain.

Yikes, I hope that it's not uber-popular this morning there.  I don't want to be elbow to elbow with a bunch of drowned folks who got soaked coming in from the parking lot. (that'll be my lot in life today, I think).



On the passport front, because I know you're all dying to know what's up with that...

My best friend is very well connected in Canadian politics.

Who knew?

Right now, she's bending the ear of some Deputy Minister of some Big Important Domain over there in Ottawa, and I hope that she's not compromising her Neutral Status by going out on a limb for me like this.  And if it works?  I'll be laughing all the way to France.  If it doesn't?  I'll still be laughing that she'd be willing to do this for me.

No comments: