Thursday, February 21, 2008

Nervous Knitting

So, when I'm nervous, what do I do?

Well, if I can get away with it, I spend every waking moment playing Scrubbles and Bejeweled2, and checking to see if I have any  notes on my latest entries, but if I have to be away from the computer, I sit on the couch and knit.

And I've been nervous this last while.

So I took out some brown yarn, and I started knitting.


And when I got tired of the brown-ness of it all, I switched to golden yarn.  But that was boring, so I added in some green with the gold.



Ooh, The greenies turned into a little string of hearts.  Speaking of hearts, I *heart* the Shetland Knitter's Handbook that Zappel-Katya sent me.  Such a wealth of patterns, just waiting to be plumbed.

But you can only knit green hearts for so long before that gets boring, and you start thinking "What happens if we NEVER get to go to France...?" so it was time to change colours.  Again.  Grey sounds like a good colour.  Well, it's good for two rounds, and then it gets kind of boring, so bring back the gold.  But not too much gold.  Add in some dark red, too.



And there goes another 10 rounds of knitting so I don't have to think about the passports, while the kids hang from the chandeliers and tape each others' bedroom doors shut.

Diamonds are so very Last Hour, though.  What next?  I'm still liking the red... maybe just  a bit of cream...


Ah, X's and O's.  Classy.  And there go 11 rounds of me not thinking about Not Traveling while watching Perry Mason solve the un-solvable crime.

I'm missing the green, though.  Haven't seen it since the round of hearts.

Aha, time for some little green boxes.


And after all that two-colour knitting, really, how hard could THREE-colour knitting be?



Suddenly, all that nervous energy manifests itself into the big chunk of knitting.


And because it was such a dreadful winter day outside today, I had to take one last photo.


All I need to do is sew up the bottom (the brown end), and make handles (I'm gonna try a new way of making handles), and then toss this puppy into the washer, and I'll have another purse.

Nervous energy.
It's what's for dinner.

No comments: